Thursday, January 12, 2006

Reality Check


There are two kinds of reality. There is actual reality and then there is television reality. I am a true fan of actual reality and try to spend as much time as possible there. It is the TV version of reality that worries me. Please bear with me as I explain.
It seems that there are many out there in TV land “Who Want To Be A Millionaire.” They have tired of “The Simple Life” and have opted instead to get in “The Amazing Race” to see who can capture the great “American Idol” of fame and riches. In spite of what their “Nanny” told them about “The Worlds Most Dangerous Catch” these people seem to have gotten “Lost” on “Temptation Island.” No “Dirty Job” is too degrading for these people as they seek to fulfill their dream of “Dancing With The Stars” in their “Cribs” on “Laguna Beach.” “The Contenders” throw the “Fear Factor” out the window of their “Pimped” rides as they head off to see “Dr 90210” to get their “Extreme Makeover” with hopes of looking like “America's Next Top Model” when all the world really wants to know is “Can They Sing."
Now I may just be an “Average Joe” that needs to be “Overhauled” but I am afraid many of these “Survivors” will one day suffer a “Blowout” and find themselves in “The Real World” when they realize they have been “Punked."
After spending a few of my precious evenings watching them I feel like “The Biggest Loser.” Where is Dr. Phil when you need him?

3 comments:

J. Stephen Conn said...

Hey Rev,
I saw your blog mentioned on Travis Johnson's site and thought I would click it up. Good start. I hope you keep blogging.
Stephen

Anonymous said...

i think this is so cool..you are a really good blogger...keep up the great blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness pastor!! those are awesome pictures! i havent gotten to read all of your blog yet but im in anticipation.