Friday, February 10, 2006

My "List"

I love it when a plan comes together. I feel a little sense of pride when my day or my week go according to the plan that I have conceived.
Now I am not one of those people who have their every waking minute scheduled on their day planner or Blackberry but I do begin each day with a mental checklist of things I hope to accomplish. To some, my “list” may seem to be filled with mundane and frivolous tasks and events, but it is my “list” and “my world” depends on it. Therefore, when my“ list” is interrupted it is a serious event indeed.
Nevertheless, interruptions are bound to happen when you live on a spinning ball with a billion or so other people who also have their “ list.” Now granted, some interruptions are just “life happening to us.” But quite often it seems that rude and inconsiderate people greatly contribute to my frustrations. I have found that these types of interruptions must be endured with a simple rolling of my eyes and a deep inner assurance that had they known who I am and how important my “list” is these people would have surely re – arranged their “list” so as not to interfere with my “list.” So I take the high road and forgive them.
Oh yeah, there is one small problem with my “list” for the day. It doesn’t always match God’s “list” for my day and when I periodically consult Gods “list” I very often find the names of those rude and considerate people.

No comments: