Monday, April 17, 2006

Resurrection Monday?


Like many pastors I spent the last couple of weeks focusing on plans and preparations for Easter Sunday morning. My goal was to proclaim the glorious truth that “Jesus is alive!” The focus of the entire day was to be “Resurrection!” My task was to lead people through the Garden of Gethsemane, to give them a seat at a mock trial, to walk them down the lonely Via de la Rosa, to help them feel the weight of the cross as they climbed Golgotha’s slope, to share the gloom of history’s darkest Saturday and the joy of eternity’s most glorious Sunday morning. I longed to help each man; woman, boy and girl discover the power of the empty tomb for themselves.
Did I succeed in getting the message across? Truthfully, only God really knows, but, judging from the smiles and comments that I heard after the service I think that everyone was in agreement that “Jesus is alive!” As a matter of fact, I have found that the majority of people in America don’t have a problem with Jesus rising from the tomb on Easter Sunday morning, it is allowing him rise in our hearts on Monday morning that is the real test of our faith.

No comments: