Monday, May 08, 2006

Blessed!

There is an old song that tells us that we should “count our many blessings”, but were I to have attempted that yesterday I would have needed a calculator. Along with a calculator, an industrial sized box of Kleenex would have also come in very handy. You see yesterday was Pastor Appreciation Day at our church and my family and I were truly blessed by our congregation. Let me give you a brief recap of my Sunday.
My day began with rare opportunity to sleep in a little later than usual. Once I arrived at church all I had to do was sit back and be blessed. The praise team rocked, I cried. Pastor Skip preached a great sermon, I cried. Then they showed a video filled with our people telling me how much they appreciated me. I laughed and cried. The children gave me handmade cards, I cried. The teens gave me more cards, I cried some more. Pastor Skip’s wife, Alison presented gifts to my daughters, Katie and Hannah, they cried. Next, Allison presented flowers and a lovely gift to my wife, Kim. Allison cried, the girls cried, Kim cried, and guess what, I cried again.
At the end of the service I was given a brand new guitar, a generous offering and a lot of hugs. I…uh …. (see above emotions). After a great lunch with friends complete with watching my beloved San Antonio Spurs beat the Dallas Mavericks I headed home with my lovely wife and my awesome daughters. I am truly a blessed man. Thanks guys.
Oh yeah, I finally quit crying.

No comments: